Health Services

Lori Papciak, RN – Nurse

Ruth Spasoff – Nurse’s Secretary

Phone – 847.755.2662

Fax – 847.755.2861

Email –

Helpful Links

Medical Forms

Emergency Action Plan Forms

No student who is ill may leave school without the permission of the nurse. A student who is ill may obtain a pass from a teacher and go to the nurse’s office. If the student must be sent home, a parent, guardian or emergency contact must give permission through the Nurse’s Office for the student to leave school. Please keep your emergency contact phone numbers updated. You can do this by contacting Student Services at 847-755-2630.

A student who is ill and absent from school due to a communicable disease must see the nurse before returning to classes. Some communicable diseases require a doctor’s release when the student returns to school.

PE Excuses
If a student is unable to participate in a regular physical education class for more than three days the nurse must be given a medical excuse from a physician stating the nature and time limitation of the condition. A parent note is acceptable if the time out of class is three days or less.

Medications in Schools
Prescription and non-prescription medications will be given according to the High School District 211 medication policy. Signed authorization from the student’s physician and parent must be on file in the Health Services Office. Township High School District 211 retains the right to reject requests for the administration of medication. Forms are available on the school website or in the Nurse’s Office. The school nurse shall administer medications prescribed in the Nurse’s Office.

Medication must be brought to the school in the original package and given to the nurse. Medications will be stored in a secure area in the Nurse’s Office. At the end of the treatment regime, the parent will be responsible for removing any unused medication from the school. If not picked up by the end of the year, the school nurse will dispose of the medications.

Communicable/Chronic Infectious Disease
Some communicable/chronic infectious diseases may pose potential health problems for students in the school district. A student known to have communicable/chronic infectious disease will be evaluated to determine if behavior or physical condition poses a risk to others.

A student with a chronic infectious disease will not be allowed to attend school in a regular classroom until a note from a health care provider is submitted to the Nurse clearing the student to return to school. A student will be excluded from school for the period in which there is high risk of transmitting the disease to other students or employees. The privacy of a student known to have a chronic infectious disease will be respected by maintaining confidential records in accordance with federal and state privacy laws.

Any school injury should be reported immediately to the teacher or supervisor. The student will be sent to the nurse for medical attention. If parents have purchased student accident insurance and need to make claim, they may ask the school nurse to send a copy of the accident report to them. Instructions for making a claim will be included with the report.

Homebound and Hospital Instruction
Home and hospital instruction is a short-term service for students who will be out of school more than 10 school days for medical reasons. A medical certification form signed by a state-approved healthcare provider must include a diagnosis and the length of absence and be submitted before homebound instruction begins. Requests for homebound instruction should be made through the student services director’s office by calling 847.755.2627.

Teen Pregnancy
High School District 211 is committed to eliminating barriers to the education of pregnant students. Pregnant students are encouraged to continue their education and are eligible for homebound instruction. Contact the school nurse or the student’s counselor with any questions.

Health Services FAQs

Q: My student is going to be a freshman,what physical form do I need?

A: Freshman students are required to have a physical dated within 12 months of the 1st day of school on the 11/15 State of Illinois Certificate of Child Health Examination form.

Q: If my student participates in sports, what physical form is required?

A: The 11/15 State of Illinois Certificate of Child Health Examination form is valid for school entry and sport participation. The IHSA/IESA Pre-Participation Examination form is valid for sport participation only,it does not qualify for the 9th grade physical requirement.

Q: How long are sport physicals valid for?

A: 13 months from the date written on the physical form.

Q: Where do physicals get dropped off in the building?

A: All physicals come to the nurse’s office.

Q: Can my student get Advil/Tylenol from the nurse’s office?

A: An Over-the-Counter Medication Form signed by a doctor and signed by the parent is required for ALL over-the counter medications dispensed at school. There is a Medication Authorization Form for prescription medication to be taken at school. Medication forms need to be updated each school year.

Q: My student texted me from class that they are not feeling well, as the parent, can I just come and pick my student up from school?

A: Any student who is not feeling well can obtain a pass from a teacher and come to the nurse’s office. The nurse’s office will contact the parent if the student is in need of going home. It is school policy that no student who is ill may leave school without permission of the nurse.

Q: My student is unable to participate in gym class because he/she hurt their leg, can the nurse write a pass out of gym?

A: Students who are unable to participate in gym for more than 3 days are required to have a doctor’s note given to the nurse’s office. If it is less than 3 days, a parent is to contact the student’s gym teacher regarding the student’s non-participation.

Useful Links